Manufacturing plays a prominent role in Africa’s economic development made evident by how industrial growth positively affects the overall GDP and productivity of the nation. Manufacturing activities promote development in that they boost the value generated in an economy by creating activity further along value chains, from raw materials to finished products. The introduction of innovative technologies and methodologies in the manufacturing realm further increase productivity levels. In addition, manufacturing creates employment opportunities, boosts the skills of the workforce, reinforces the economy, extends developments into the wider economy and tends to support social stability.
- African Ministerial Panel: Vision to Action: Manufacturing as a Powerhouse of Emerging Countries & Economies
- The role of Industry 4.0: A Framework to Accelerate Change
- The future of African Manufacturing: What are the future game-changers facing Africa to achieve a single market
- Lessons Learned on the Journey to Manufacturing Excellence: Practical case studies
- Growing exports: the future of trade – a perspective on the decade ahead & growing an African marketplace
- Cybersecurity and industrial automation – the risks for manufacturers
- Manufacturing, mining and gas interface
- Solving the manufacturing skills challenge
- Improving efficiency and productivity in manufacturing
- A new approach to manufacturing innovation: robotics and the future of African manufacturing
- What impact does financial investment have on manufacturing? The role of incentives and other financial
mechanisms to assist manufacturers.
- Energy efficient technologies and solutions for security of supply for manufacturers
- Industrialisation: an urgent necessity
Learn about the the role of Industry 4.0 to accelerate change, the importance of improving efficiency and productivity in Manufacturing, and hear from international speakers about lessons learnt in achieving Manufacturing Excellence.
The conference and exhibition offers opportunities to hear about the latest technologies and practices, including robotics, additive manufacturing, energy efficiency, cybersecurity, industrial automation, innovation, productivity, and more.
Hear from a diverse group of luminaries and high profile speakers, sharing real-world insights about the manufacturing opportunities in Africa. The event attracts elite CEOs, high-level executives and Government officials from across Africa.
Explore what is needed in Africa to grow the market, which incentives and other financial mechanisms are available to assist manufacturers, the need for Industrialisation and how to solve the manufacturing skill challenge.
From the conference refreshment breaks and evening cocktail reception to the lively atmosphere on the exhibition floor, the event provides endless opportunities to meet fellow delegates and share knowledge and ideas.
- Industry Sector Specialists
- Small, Medium and Large Manufacturing Companies
- Policy Makers
- Private Equity Investors
- Exporters of Manufactured goods
- IT Solutions Providers
- Trade Publication / Media
- Government representatives
- Financial Institutions and Banks
- Consultancy Organisations
- Industrial suppliers
- Manufacturing Development Agencies
- Logistics / Supply Chain Companies
- Private investors: global and domestic
- Academic & Research Bodies
- Allied Industries (Cement, Iron, Steel Producers, etc)