Once again, this illustrious annual event has brought together government officials, capital providers business owners, industry leaders and professional experts. This year’s event was a great success, with even more delegates, exhibitors and countries than before.
Some of the highlights include:
- Increased support from government and in particular from the Department of Trade and Industry with a significant delegation of dti officials available throughout the conference who spoke and supported manufacturers.
- Significant presence of manufacturing heavyweights at the conference including Volkswagen South Africa Group CEO, Thomas Schaefer, Ally Angula, Group CEO of Leap Holdings, representing a large Namibian manufacturer, Yanesh Naidoo from Jendamark, Nizam Kalla from Amka Products, and many more
- The Conference highlighted South Africa’s success stories such as automotive manufacturing and export opportunities
- A pertinent topic addressed was the relationship between the economy and job creation, and what is required for South Africa to manufacture more products locally and not resort to imports
- Panel discussions with great local and international representation, such as the discussions about Regional Economic Industrial integration, as well as the benefits of the collaboration between China, Japan and Africa.
- The conference fully embraced the changes that Industry 4.0 will bring to manufacturing: the drivers of this change, the opportunity it brings to Africa as well as the hurdles to be overcome. It provided delegates with a peak into the future by examining cutting edge trends and embracing a forward-thinking mindset.
- The launch of the Factory of the Year Award, which has been expanded to include South Africa and was announced at Manufacturing Indaba in the presence of some of the industry’s most respected players.
- The Exhibition floor was a hive of activity with over 100 local manufacturing exhibitors